This guide is composed of five pages/sections: 1)Home Page (the page you're reading now), 2) Microphone Setup, 3) Commenting on a VoiceThread, 4) Creating a VoiceThread and 5) Ideas and Examples. Each section can be accessed through the dropdown menu available under the VoiceThread tab. Simply roll your mouse over the tab to reveal the menu and then click on the item page you wish to view.
What is a VoiceThread?
Creating a VoiceThread Account
In order to participate in a Voice Thread it is necessary to have an account. Creating an account is very easy and does not require the entry of any personal information other than an email address.
Quick Start Tutorial
To create a VoiceThread account:
- Go to http://voicethread.com.
- Click [Sign In or Register] at the top right hand side of the screen.
- Click [Register]in the left hand navigation on the Sign in to your account page.
- Fill in the fields requested on the Register a new account page.
- First Name
- Last Name
Important: Use your Dartmouth email address.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code into the field.
- Click [Register] at the bottom of the page.