Take advantage of the latest tools, apps, resources, and support available to help you with research information, funding, data, and collaboration.
- Thursday, Nov. 29th from 1pm-3pm - Fairchild Tower
- Monday, Dec. 3rd from 11am-1pm - MacLean Engineering Sciences Center
- Wednesday, Dec. 5th from 11am-1pm - Life Sciences Center
- Tuesday, Jan. 29th from 12pm-3pm - Baker Library Main Hall
Tasty refreshments … Lots of helpful folks … Drop by any time during the event!
For graduate and professional school students, researchers, and faculty, "Gear Up!" will showcase information management tools, apps, and research support systems to help you tune up your research.
- Learn about Pivot to help you find funding sources, research collaborators and keep your profile updated.
- Find out about data management and storage using RSTOR, statistical consulting services, and other support from Research Computing.
- See how RefWorks, Mendeley, and Zotero can make handling your papers and citations easier.
- Learn about the Dartmouth Digital Library program and its projects in support of digital scholarship.
- Talk to an expert about open access publishing, and the importance of authors retaining their copyrights to provide open access to published works.
- Discuss publishing opportunities and the electronic scholarly monograph with an editor from the University Press of New England.
- Take a look at apps and readers for mobile devices that can help you in research, teaching, and general productivity.
- Explore Lynda.com to make better use of research and educational software.