This research guide covers health care delivery broadly. See the separate tabs above for:
- Statistics & Data Sets
- Public Health & Epidemiology
- Health Care Reform & National Systems
- Best Practices & Quality Improvement
- Health Care Administration, Finance, & Economics
For a guide to more clinical aspects of health care, see Medicine & Health.
For a guide to business resources in health care, see also the Healthcare tab in Business.
Article indexes to try for this topic:
- Summon (multidisciplinary)
- PubMed (medicine)
- Global Health Library (public health)
- ABI Inform (business)
- Business Source Complete (business)
- LexisNexis (news, politics, government, industry)
- Google Scholar (multidisciplinary)
- Web of Science (sciences, social sciences, humanities)
Each index works differently. Look for online help screens to learn the index's search rules. Some indexes (PubMed) have subject headings with thesauruses and may provide mapping to lead you to the correct terms to describe your topic. Other indexes (Web of Science) use only keyword searching.
For keyword searching, think about synonyms (healthcare, health care), plurals, and various conjugations; learn how to truncate to look for root words with multiple suffixes and to combine terms with operators like AND, OR, and NOT.
Many indexes provide links to the articles. Look for links labeled "Article Linker" or "Get Full Text." These will show you options for linking to the article or requesting a copy through Dartmouth's DartDoc service.