Resource Sharing Links
Resource Sharing Staff Directory
Dartmouth College Resource Sharing
Resource Sharing Services offers several options for providing access to materials held in our collections or obtaining materials from other libraries or sources. Our services include Document Delivery, Borrow Direct, and DartDoc.
Borrow Direct vs. DartDoc
Unsure whether to use Borrow Direct or DartDoc? Here are some helpful guidelines.
- Borrow Direct is the quickest and most efficient way to order books and scores. If the item you would like is available in the Borrow Direct catalog, this is your best option.
- For books not available through Borrow Direct, try DartDoc. Through DartDoc we can request from libraries all over the world.
- For articles, book chapters, videorecordings, microforms and other formats, place your requests through DartDoc.
- For any Dartmouth patron who is not a current student, faculty or staff member, use DartDoc. Please check your privileges for cost.
Keeping Track of Requests
You can keep track of Borrow Direct and DartDoc requests from when you place the request to when they are returned.
- By logging into your Borrow Direct and DartDoc accounts, you can view the status of any individual request.
- When an item arrives or is otherwise made available, you will be notified, typically by email. Borrow Direct will also send an email to indicate that the item has shipped from the lending library.
- Once the item is checked out to you, you can view it in your library account for due dates and renewal options.
- If you have a question about the status of an item, you can contact our offices by phone or email.