Dr. Mark Detzer
This course explores the role of psychology and health, reviewing research relating to: 1) health promotion; 2) chronic physical illness; and 3) interacting with the US health care system.
In searching library and internet resources, you might find something that interests you that the library doesn't own the full text of. Our interlibrary loan services are called BorrowDirect and DartDoc.
Starting Your Research
1. Generally what is the topic you are interested in? Example: cancer and family support
2. Conduct some broad searching of the library's resources. Make note of ideas that you find interesting.
3. Refine your topic into a research question. Example: Does family support improve the health outcomes for cancer patients?
4. Generate a list of keywords that you might use to find research to answer your question.
5. Search broadly as well as more specifically in relevant databases or journals with your keywords, adding to your list.