1. Generally what is the topic you are interested in? Example: mindfulness and test anxiety
2. Conduct some broad searching of the library's resources. Make note of ideas that you find interesting.
3. Refine your topic into a research question. Example: Does the practice of mindfulness reduce test anxiety for college students?
4. Generate a list of keywords that you might use to find research to answer your question.
5. Search broadly as well as more specifically in relevant databases or journals with your keywords, adding to your list.